Wednesday 16 January 2013

EXTERNAL CLIENT - Switch Studio's

Had my meeting and figured out a brief today for the 10 week project, wordpress being the order of the day.

Sorted out the basics : audience, purpose, my limitations, necessary includes, work schedules.

Opting for fortnightly meets and mini presentations of my progress, choice of Switch, which I'm more than happy to go for, allows me to gauge physical reactions, and get a better feel for what they're reckoning. Whole studios and sort of attitude is pretty personal and I wanna represent that sorta buzz through my work so I reckon doing face to face meets and chats should go pretty good with that. Cos of that, and cos I get along nicely with it, reckon I'm gonna work in a sketchbook.
Got said in the meeting that there's no creative limitations, and if i wanna incorporate my illustration into splash pages or throughout the site im fully welcome, getting stuff together and collating ideas in a psychical form  (until no longer appropriate) goes better with my head, and it means I can do weird drawings all about the place. haha im badly excited for this project, its gonna be fucking incredible !





I've set up a blog, www.switchstudiosexternal.blogspot.com where I'm gonna upload designs, wireframes, themes, concepts, colour wheels, moodboards or whatever visual material I'm working on so that the guys can see where I'm at and give me feedback, if they wanna, during the process as well as at the 2 week intervals. Hoping this means i won't stray too far off track. I'ma wait till ive got a few strong concepts before I upload, not how i'd approach my reflective journal, cos as a client, they probably don't need the efforts of scouring through every whim I've got.

Should start posting stuff to it after the presentation's when I've got a clear direction of what I want.
Next meeting with them is the week of presentations, I'll probably try and wing it for the day after so I can mix feedback from th lesson and the approach of peers and whatnot into my ideas, to show them a noice collaboration.


Sketchbook awayy then.

No comments:

Post a Comment