Monday 11 March 2013

switch

got bored of my project, lost the love for it due to rubbish boring designs.
This project I tried to combat where I went wrong last time.
I went crazy on idea first and left structure and layout last, leaving me with a haphazard half finished mess of html, this time I went layout and functionality first, with a theme as a seperate idea. That got me to dead ends.
Found a kopperberg in the fridge, had that, tried to take a fresh approach. Hit it theme on, found aload of nice ways to do tiny drawings and do a design im proud of, thats got my stamp on, but that is married with the previous layouts based on information layout.
So much happier, they might not even look different to you, but im sound with them, and confident. Did a load of research into electronic symbols to inspire the layout.
Gonna be a mix of my sorta heavy black styled drawing, and the light and frail lines of an electric circuit science type illustration. going yellow light green grey and electric torqouise.

No comments:

Post a Comment