Thursday 18 November 2010

One Shot; Final Edit

The lighing was nasty.
In the end, we re-filmed it, the composition was too bad; we had plug sockets and smoke alarms creeping into the shot and to crop the image just felt shoddy.
The second film we produced is probably too exaggerated and more of a joke. The thoughts of the bloke are no longer the main focus when you’re watching it, he’s dancing haha, badly, it was more fun filming it but final outcome isn’t something I’m massively keen on. Think our group even added a mugging at the end, I showed it my friend from a different course and university and her feelings matched mine. I think we had problems when it came to allocating jobs and roles, some of us literally just spoke whilst others wanted to tackle the whole project single handedly.
Group weren’t half bad though.

For my individual edit I think I’m goin t try and adopt a kinda pop art approach. All I can do is make the best with what we’ve got now, if I get enough time towards the end of November I might try and have a go with the cameras and that myself.
I want to make the video evidently more light hearted, and maybe have a mess around with some of the effects, which means a load more trips t waverly in this amazing weather. I’ll post my individual edit when its done, think Dan or Jordans got the group one up if you wanna see it.







Think an all round failed attempt, its jerky where I've sped it up and not sorted it properly, the pop art bit doesn't really coincide with the music, haha lets just hope the tutors are easy going since its first assessment.

pretty certain film isn't gonna be a pathway of mine.


3 comments:

  1. There was one film, from one of the other groups, that stuck out from all that I’ve seen that is genuinely good, I don’t know if the lighting is technically correct, or the composition or any of that, but the idea is unique and very ell executed. Their idea was to use a kind of disposable set, the bloke walks through different scenes painted on sheets, then ends up at a gig which they demonstrated using a projection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, I love seeing Fahidul dancing to that music and the parts that were sped up give a great effect. Kapow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The music works well and fits mimics the dancing! Nice effect on the shadow however could have played around with it a bit more in terms of colour change. When he speeds up it's funny!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete