Friday 14 October 2011

Context 2: a company i wouldnt kick off about working for.


THE NEON HIVE
After ambling through the internet and countless design creative digital innovative actually quite mundane bollocks I found an agency I would actually love to work for.
Most of the places I found seemed pretty slutty when it came to work they accepted and the stuff they churned out. No matter how smooth, sleek, quirky or innovative there own site, the work was all pretty average, expected and tiresome. Wetdog Creative were one of the companies I had a nose at, they’re probably the best example.
What I liked about The Neon Hive, apart from the fact they’ve worked with Jon Burgerman, someone I’m a bit weak at the knees for, is all they’re end products and finished pieces say something not only about the clients needs, but about the designers as well. Like a perfect harmony.
It’s all quite quirky, cool and obscure. They’re into their graphic design, illustration, packaging design and typography, which no matter how much I hear is in the past, is still something I absolutely buzz for. They’re killin the website design, customised wordpress design and CMS work, so keeping relevant and current, and projecting their style over everything. They’ve got the perfect mix of physical print and interactive design.
I think aswell, I found it hard to find a company that had the same kind of interets as I did work wise, and one where I feel I could realistically fit in with my style and my personality and interests. Resn.co.nz, a creative digital partner not in the UK, is a company I will never cease to be amazed by. Thev’ve got a lot in common, although on a grander scale, with The Neon Hive. So its gonna be one of the two haha.
I feel my style of design and illustration would work within this company, probably not right now, but maybe in a coupla when I’ve developed what I’m doing and am producing more authentic, developed, steadfast work.
I’m pretty much sold for working here haha.. Just gotta convince them now.

IN OTHER NEWS
Whilst I was searching I looked on Jon Burgerman’s website and saw it had been made by James Lindeman, the programming bloke I was supposed to work with at Sport Lived, the placement I probably foolishly fucked off. So there is a bit of networking ill never know. Sent the bloke a pesky email, in an attempt. Not holding too much hope out however. Might try and wangle it in the report somewhere haha that I potentially had a great network but I chose to dick it off for lie ins and diagnosis murder. Sweeeeeeeeeeeet,








a line is a dot that went for a walk.



Suck it Sport Lived.

1 comment: