Wednesday 1 February 2012

catch up

Since startting back come the o 12, ive been flagging sincerely on everything.
Struggling baad with getting a motivation and buzz for stuff, leaving things last minute, everythings up in the stuffy air.
The restaurant/bar re design never got past its wireframe status, so having to cut that one loose for the mean time so I can shove all my attention towards the context portolio assignment, and the DP3 artist site, for mobilisation.

I'm really looking forward to this portfolio thing, gonna be great to have a not crap thing representing me. Its gonna be hard work making myself a brand, and a domain name, real hard work but if i can do it in time and to a high enough standard, gonna have a masssive flood of 'it wa worth the all nighters'.

Im finding it abit ard coming up with a design thats gonna do  my style justice. Im heavily illustrative, but I need it to look professional,designing a website that incirporates illustration and the smooth graphical approach of the web is gonna be a killer.
I've been searching through the design fest list, as well as a few other top 50 web design, illustration backgrounds and so on.. and I reckon animation and javascript could hold the key.

As of now, im set on using as much javascript as i can do to my animations, rather than Edge. I wanna test myself and hurl me'sen int the deep end of the horrid code so i can get it more, no point in playing the avoid. Edge is smooth, seamless and the new hype, but I've been seeing some really great stuff with javascript that works just aswell. If I've got time ill try both.


DP3
 I've got a few friends who want websites sorting so this should be pretty cool, and the pressures off cos they wont have to use it when im finished. Looking forward to Thursdays lessons and the start of a new thing.


in order to beat my time managment issue ive devised myself a new timetable, im likely to stick to since i take weekends off on the whole.

2 of the 3 days off = 5 hours portfolio 3 hours DP3 (until the context deadline)
all other days 4 hours split.

No comments:

Post a Comment