Monday 6 February 2012

THE FOLD

dedicated my entire night to finding a way round the fold for my portfolio.
wanted to get somewhere good, like on my voyage you could see the page below, i wanted to find somethin to resize the page automatically for every screen res/browser whatever.

HOURS SPENT SEARCHING.

found a javascript way that i cant seem to put into place, that felt so close to a breakthrough.
(im gonna hit david in the face with it friday in hopes he might be able to help me, determined ot get somewhere better than voyarjj)

had a computer breakdown, had to reinstall dreamweaver, cried.

onwards and upwards, spoke to everyone i know who does web design in the real world, then to uni fellows, still no further forward.

Had a look at responsive design, media queries and css trickles. so close but not at all what Iwanted. I'm not gonna make my portfolio responsive, because quite frankly that ain realistic for me right now. that can be an issue i tackle for the DP3 and then later integrate with this.

Finallyyyy after looking into frames, which was fruitless, I spoke t Chris, who quite frankly showed me all the sites I liked cos of their fold'iness werent even doing what I thought they were, and within 5 minutes found more results than my hours. haha so angry, so frustrated. theyre all designed towards my macs screen size, and look shite on the shite desktops well be showcasing our work on. gutted.

Not entirely a wasted evening, found a way around it, make each page massive, but the info contained within minimum screen size.the appearance of the know.

im gonna take a break hit back on the wireframes and branding, and go sleep knowing i took 147845 steps nowhere but half an inch forward


No comments:

Post a Comment