Monday 21 February 2011

Social Networking




Social networking is something thats pretty quickly taken over.
Using facebook you can get your work on the t'internet and out there for anyone ad everyone to take a peek at.
Just gotta sit back and wait to be discovered.
By creating a twitter, and facebook and blogger, and the rest theres a load of good stuff happening.
It's a platform to get noticed, its an online portfolio to show people already interested, its an easy way to back up your work. haha
I think im supposed to be talking about how I'm going to use facebook to my advantage by setting up a page on facebook, which can manage fans. I tried, but it turns out I've only got 8 true friends.
went very bad on me.

In all seriousness I would like to utilise the power of social networking to get myself and my work out there, and hopefully generate some interest and work. Actually getting round to it is another thing. I made a rushed facebook page, in order to link it to my website, but as of yet havent had the time to sit down and prepare a serious one. Once this project is over and hopefully for my next attempt I'd like to get to grips with this kinda thing. One of my friends from DeMontfort has, and he's smashed it, generated a lot of buzz for himself. I'm not gonna write who cos his ego's big enough already. Twitter is somewhere I'm really never gonna go tho. haha sorry Shaun Belcher.

I think I'll have to design my next contact page which the idea of social networking in mind, it seems to be the future, and a lot of indie bands, artists, and all sorts have made it because of facebook, sad as that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment