Thursday 17 November 2011

initial voyage concepts

meant to scan these in a while ago. all sketch booked up, although im massively late in getting stuck in. whole idea of an open ended brief war' about overwhelming despite my initial thoughts.

Above is a brain storm, similar t what i did for animation actually, cos that project went pretty well. Its all the initial ideas i thought might be worth a go. I was into the idea of a journey through time, like the victorians or egyptians or something education sorta horrible histories for kids. Fancied havin a go at a prison break or something, but me mother talked me outta that one and towards the idea of a fall into unconsciousness.
Always going to be aimed towards kids, theres loads of cbeebies websites and games for kids, but most of them are tediously dull,or dumbed down. not for me. but isaac obviously. i reckon theres a huge niche for like a simple but still interesting and engaging site/game. Going to spend as much of this year as i can gearing my work and briefs towards kids, cos thats pretty much the place i wanna end up when i finish uni, if my neonhive love gets me nowhere of course haha.


bitta further thinkin into me inital idea.

Been surfing through blogs and theres a boy in th class doing a trip through space, put me off the unconscious idea cos i kinda wanted to do the same thing, a constant falling, with a person always in the same place on the screen, background moving around em. like when alice falls down the rabbit hole. His looks intimidatingly professional, haha a standard i never hit.

gonna do some initial drawings as to where id go with the historical and the dream theme, do abit of investigative research into how id go about both then chose one. massively rushed for time so gotta get on it. typography, illustrative stuff, wireframing and actual coding gotta be done asaaap.

opinions on which theme pleasee.

No comments:

Post a Comment