Wednesday 24 October 2012

ATRG brief

I have chosen Interactive Media Brief 3 – What we have already done: Documenting.

 After reading the specifics and requirements of the project, I think I’m pretty into it.  But it’d ridiculously early stages so don’t hold your breath.
I’m struggling on deciding a more refined audience to tailor my project towards. The audience I choose will have great impact on my design in terms or usability and visuals, as well as existing work of the ATRG that I will include. I’ve been leaning towards choosing medical as my motivation, since the values behind that are stronger, the idea of helping and benefitting via technology, but on a selfish level, I’m unsure, because of the seriousness of the audience, how much scope for creativity there would be. This leaves me slightly stumped. I’m not quite sure how to define other audiences, without sitting down and sifting through, and understanding every individual piece and product the group have designed and completed. For now I’m going to concentrate on developing a strong concept and story that can be developed to have relevancy to my decided audience abit later. I wanna get my idea water tight.


What I liked about the third brief is the idea of an underlying narrative and link from past to future. The requirements are to create a site that sparks interest and curiosity. I like the idea that the design I lay around ATRG’s products and hard scientific information will create an emotional and engaging experience that ignites feelings of intrigue and almost hope within the user; a sense of possibility and potential, sharing in the beliefs and intentions of the Internal client therefore sparking them to want to know more, or get in touch about products. I think the past can be used to hint towards, and create a buzz for the future, and the narrative of my site will do exactly this. Show existing material and products, sort of as a portfolio whilst creating a sense of anticipation for all their future works.





Above is my initial reaction to the brief. I’ve thought about emotions I want to evoke within the user, and possible themes, images or existing environments that I will be able to exploit in order to do this. I’m going to use space as a metaphor of the great unknown and never ending potential as a theme for my project and the work of the ATRG.  The curiosity, amazement and infinite incredible happenings that occur in, about, through and because of space are never ending, I want to bring all the feelings and emotions connected with space and project them onto my project. The universe is vast, and potential of things happening even more so, it’s this that I think will serve the brief and clients needs real bloody well. I already believe in my idea, I have the bones, I just need to attach the gristly bits, muscle and veins to get myself the full working body.
I’m going to further develop my idea, going to do some visuals, moodboards, wireframes, colour palettes and so on to get more of a physical representation of my concept, so that when it comes to presentation ill be able to portray my idea with a bit more substance to it.

Ive had a look at all of the ATRG’s existing stuff, wordpress, facebook, twitter and NTU site and theres an absolute mishmash of information, but my intrpreation fo the brief is its concept over content. Hopefully im not all talk, and this will pan out an absolute goodun.

No comments:

Post a Comment