Wednesday 6 February 2013

Artefact 1 – The Journey

-->
What I’ve learnt, over the data, and WHARRI’M gonna do with it.

When I started the project I was confuzzled beyond comprehension.  As well as the data, as for my journey and direction, I’ve gained the following insights…
-                Data was a cloak
I was more looking for direction and validation that I was right than I was looking to explore an idea…which as many Tuesday lectures will tell you, aint the point of the project.
 The tangents and happy accident data acquired from natural conversation turned out to be much more useful than the data I set out to achieve.

-                Original project expired
Decided on this project about 8 months ago, since then markets changed, my question needs to evolve too.
How do I think it can be delivered BETTER ?– I need to explore my theory not try and prove mysen right or obsess about existing games. Fill a new hole. Got some direction.

-                Parents want to get involved
Last question was whether they’d be interested, they were, they wanna help.

-                Got a relationship going with Mina Munn
She runs the parent child drop in centre, got her details and the start ups of a relationship, she’s happy to help from here on.

-                How not to conduct an interview
I got far too personally involved, took the idea of building a rapport with the subjects to a painful level. I’ve learnt what not to do, Lack of preparation and direction lead to a scatty approach.

-                I’ve done a flow diagram of my process for this artefact, sort of structured up an approach for each artefact.
-                 
-                Readings gonna be incredibly important
To back up what I find out, or help me move forward if my results aint what I expected.


What I’ve gotta do now:
Do some research and take a peek at how to gather unbiased data
That’s probably impossible, but I want to work with my mom and brother, and that’s gonna be biased as hell. So what I wanna do is take a look at the different control measures that I could put in place, and get to grips with how to make my data as accurate as possible, whether it be conducting 3000 surveys afterwards to back it up, or whether reading supports it, whether its not me conducting the interview or focus group. Whatever. That’s what I’m gonna do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment