Monday 11 February 2013

Wireframes

Been wireframing till my eyes were scarred, started off drawing up strict structure layouts that prioritised the display and layout of information, moved on to have a crack at more interesting ways of laying stuff out.

I think due to the work switch push out this sites gotta do its talking through subtleties in design, i think the message they wanna project needs to do its talking through a coherent and info graphic like  layout, that's not hard to get t grips with. I think any domination by my ideas or wants for the studio would be inappropriate, despite how bad I wanna go weird and create something thatd be fun for me, since they literally dont mind,  it would be abit of a shitty move. The message they want to portray needs a decent and considered layout thats gonna work with the capabilities and logic of wordpress, not against by wacky content or a load of drawings from me.
I'm still stuck on electricity, that's happening and their into it, but im gonna hint at that (weird contrast between subtly and electricity, but im going with it) through weird gifs of static and flickering rollovers. small but effective coding tricks to add to the experience but not dominate, stuff liek the 'top of page' button and lightboxes I'm gonna customize to make the theme come to life.


This being said, I'm gonna stop procrastinating about designing 4000 wireframes and stick to a logical one. this sites gonna come alive through colour and experience. And in hpes of avoiding last terms shambles. Im getting started by the end of the week.


Started designing logical structured wireframes, had a think about ways to implement my theme, parallax's and whatnot, went abit weird, tried to mess stuff around with the way it was set out, realized it was unnecessary and detracted from the point, went back to make an interesting iteration of my original layouts.

wireframes in me sketchbook. Ill upload the final ones of each page before the end of the week



No comments:

Post a Comment