Thursday 8 November 2012

found me method


Tutorial today confirmed my worst fears, It’s a parralaz I need to implement to get the desired effect to my site.
I wasn’t wrong by dabbling in flash, but that’s an outdated method of doing what I’m after, it’s a variation on a classic parallax, which is incred.
My external client project next year is something im badly eager to start, ive met the client and we’ve talked about wordpress, mobilization, big cartel, but I’ve been badly harbouring after the introduction of a more classic, almost animation like parallax, one page scroll, both horizental and vertical. Only a concept, but I wanted to get to grips with this at some point so if I can introduce it into both projects, and get an understanding of how they can be used and manipulated to create different effects, rather than just the one. Bloody sound.

Next step is thumbnails, design ideas, planning out the wireframe of my site now its an achievable notion and getting immersed in code. I think once my wireframes are up, the way I talk about my project will make more sense, at the minute I know what im on about, not sure who else does.

I want the site to be one page only, but with 5 pages of content tucked away neatly. I’ve been looking at maybe a blog page, or another if it gets too cluttered, but the ideal is one. Here’s a link to a pan and zoom I’ve been thinking about as a way of displaying content. Each box would be an icon, the content displayed would be for the products and what not. The coloured boxes would be colourless divs with the image I choose to represent the link (circle.star) being an image within, so the screen would zoom to a size of my choosing.
 http://www.el-ay.co.uk/zoom_test1/test1/index1.html


Im’a use html 5 and percentages all the way through so my sizing and proportions remain the same on laptops and my huge 24 inch desktop galore.

No comments:

Post a Comment